blue

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Time flies!

My little angel is 17 days old already!! I can't believe it. These 2 and a half weeks have flown by!
I don't like that I haven't gotten on here but I have been a bit busy with my newborn. He is such an angel and I love him so much! Bo and I are absolutely smitten by our 7 pound 3 ounce baby boy!
Here are a few highlights of the last 2 and a half weeks.
The first few days were rough. Durham was getting used to his new life outisde my belly with gas and crying. Bo and I were like is it ever going to stop?! Well I did some research and apparently it is normal for babies to cry anywhere from 1-4 hours a day. The first few days he was home he definitely cried closer to 2 hours but every day has gotten much better and now he really just cries when he is fighting sleep or taking his sponge bath. Can you blame him for not wanting to get stripped down of his warm and cozy clothes and getting wet? Not me!
He has been eating every 2 hours but as of yesterday I am trying to turn that in to more like 2 and 15 or 2 and a half.
Sleep...that is a rarity in our house, well at least more than 3 hours at a time. Durham has been waking up every 2 hours to sleep although the passed few nights have gotten better and he has slept at least 1-3 hour stretch! YAY! I have been really trying to sleep while he sleeps and it has been totally worth it!
My mom has been an angel. We got home on Wednesday Aug 3 and she stayed thru saturday morning, then came back on monday and stayed thru friday, then she came back on sunday and stayed thru yesterday. I was very sad to see her leave. She did everything from cuddle with Durham at 3 am to mop, dishes, laundry and everything a wonderful Mimi would do for her grandbaby, daughter, and son in law. I am so blessed by her and my dad and don't know what I would do without their encouragement, guidance, and love!!
Durham is such a joy, his facial expressions and little noises are angelic!! I have so much enjoyed talking, singing and spending time with him. Durham is enjoying learning more about his arms and legs. He is getting much better at soothing himself. He will be sitting in his chair or beginning to wake up from a nap and he squeals a bit then soothes himself. I am very impressed and love to pick him up and love on him!!
We went to the doctor on Tues for our 2 week check up. It went great! He is back up to 7 pounds 3 ounces, only 3 ounces from his birth weight! He is growing well and the doctor is impressed!
Today is my first day alone with him and he is playing in his chair while I have a few minutes to work on this.
We have been very blessed by friends and family bringing food and goodies over for us and have eaten some really delicious food!
Durham took a really good  nap last night and Bo prepared supper for us and we got to eat just the 2 of us! It was such a treat!
Ok, baby boy is calling!


1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of baby Durham!
    It has been such a joy to be able to share Durham's early days and be a blessing to you three. So glad that I retired! Thank you for having me and making me feel like an important of your lives!! God bless sleeping babies for new mothers!!

    ReplyDelete