blue

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Surprise Baby Shower with my kiddos!

 My sweet room mom and partner teacher threw me a surprise baby shower! Although one of my kids did let the secret out the week before but he didn't get the chance to tell me when or any details about it. 
Last Thursday my kids and I were doing a graphing project and I got called to the office for a phone call. It is very rare that I will be called to the office in the middle of an instructional block to get the phone, so I was thinking this was their ploy to get me out of the room. I waited around the office for a bit, then was ushered to the activity room where I was greeted by 50 fourth graders, my partner teacher and a few of my student's moms! They had a table with cake and snacks and lots of great presents! The kids were so excited as I opened the presents and they munched on cake and trail mix. I got so many wonderful presents including a very thoughtful gift from each of my kids.  My students all wrote on an index card what it means to be a good mother. Then my room mom stuffed each card inside diapers. That way every time I change a diaper I will get to read a sweet note from my kiddos! 
Here are a few pictures of the fun afternoon! 
The whole group










No comments:

Post a Comment